There are numerous reasons to obtain a simple will.
- Guardian nomination (minor children)
- personal representative nomination
- disposition of property in mixed families
- disposition of property that differs from the intestate laws
A simple will is one that does not involve any trust provisions or include broader estate planning mechanisms. If you are interested in engaging Mr. Marx to draft a simple will, please print the Will Questionnaire form (PDF) (Word) and Engagement Letter, and mail them or bring them by the Office (due to the confidential nature of these materials the completed forms should be submitted by US Mail or Hand delivery only). Mr. Marx will then open a file and his assistant will confirm receipt of the Engagement Letter and Questionnaire by phone. If you have not gathered copies of all of your Pay on Death (POD) designations for those accounts with such designations, you should do so and provide copies for your file with Mr. Marx.
Please expect a 30 day timeframe before your will(s) are ready for execution. Included in your flat fee, will be:
- one simple will on heavy cotton stationery,
- two original Durable Powers of Attorney,
- A Will Appendix, permitting you to make the appropriate additions to your will as you acquire personal property,
- Will Cover and matching envelope for safe keeping.